Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why does this trivial stuff make news?

Senior Member Rep Power: 11
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah here is another tweet from her. Gosh I bet every man out there is heartbroken that she is not their daughter.

mara

@MissOMara
    Nov 29
    More
    well it’s 2 am and now that i’ve had some rest and some weed it’s time for the first round of thanksgiving leftovers
    Last edited by BMcPhe44; December 3rd, 2019 at 09:24 PM.
    “Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
    ― A.E. Samaan

Senior Member Rep Power: 14
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMcPhe44 View Post
    I understand you don't want to know if LLE is treated badly by any business, but I do. Demanding that someone be fired is not what the Police Chief should have done. He should have gone to his local civic organizations and made it known there that his officers were being treated disrespectfully by a business or its employees. That should take care of the problem unless, of course, It is someplace like Baltimore or NYC. In the communities I am familiar with, this type of behavior would be taken care of by the citizens and I guarantee that this little scumbag would have lost his job without any further input from LE.

Yeah that is who I am going to listen to, some little spoiled brat that does not or did not like the discipline her Father raised her in. The fact is you nor I know the situation there, or whether she is telling the truth. She could just be another person like you who saw a chance to criticize LE, and took it. There is nothing wrong with that but it helps to remember that, if we don't have direct knowledge of the situation, everything you or I say on the topic is hearsay.

Like I said, you don't want to know about it but I do, especially if it is in my community. I don't like bad LE any more than the next guy, but I also dislike citizens or businesses that disrespect LE for no reason. Get rid of citizens who pull this crap and the world would be a better place, get rid of LE and we would have anarchy.

You are stretching if you claim to know the character of these LEOs, without knowing them personally, just by reading the article. You are assigning yourself far more insight than you could possibly have.

The Cops are the Chief's employees and he should be concerned if they are being disrespected, they are also my employees and I am concerned as well. This affects morale and performance, and as a taxpayer I should be concerned about it.

Again my point is missed. The media can be pulled into printing anything.
    The point is the officers have no authority, and are actually trained to IGNORE such trivial crap. Why? Because that and worse happens thousands of times a day to LEOS .
    If officers are going to get their shorts in a knot over something as childish as name calling what will that officer do when some big perp starts tossing him around like loose paint chips ?
    The same thing he did because his wittle feelers got hurt by some name calling him.

Over react. Use to much force to affect the arrest or something similiar.

That's the bottom line. No officer I worked with or near would have brought this to a chiefs attention. To do so would likely have resulted in a dressing down to grow up and get over it. At minimum.
    Odd how most folks who say they support the Constitution as written ,,,,,,,,,,,,really don't.

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Now the manager at that Starbucks has been fired as well.
    I think the manager and the employee are the same person and the one fired. Not sure about that but I think I saw her in a tweet on the site Siam posted. I believe I saw her before in a picture of an Antifa demonstration. If it wasn't her it was someone who looked like her. Funny how those demonstrators all seem to look alike. Am I being a bigoted anarchist hater there? Sorry about that.
    “Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
    ― A.E. Samaan

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1127 Post(s)
    Again my point is missed. The media can be pulled into printing anything.
    The point is the officers have no authority, and are actually trained to IGNORE such trivial crap. Why? Because that and worse happens thousands of times a day to LEOS .
    If officers are going to get their shorts in a knot over something as childish as name calling what will that officer do when some big perp starts tossing him around like loose paint chips ?
    The same thing he did because his wittle feelers got hurt by some name calling him.

Over react. Use to much force to affect the arrest or something similiar.

That's the bottom line. No officer I worked with or near would have brought this to a chiefs attention. To do so would likely have resulted in a dressing down to grow up and get over it. At minimum.
    I always get your point, it is always the same point. It is hard to get wrong.

Yes the media reported something you think is trivial, I don't agree. Where I live if if this is happening the citizens will put the place out of business and we want to know about it if it does happen. LE are our employees and I don't want them mistreated for no reason.

This is not about a Cop who is making an arrest on a drunk, or some such event, getting verbally abused. This is about a scumbag citizen who is harassing LE for no reason. She is the epitome of an Antifa wanna-be.

ETA: I would agree with you if the LEO had tried to arrest her but he did not. He reported it to his Chief and then he reported to his employers the citizens. The employee got exactly what she deserved.
    Last edited by BMcPhe44; December 3rd, 2019 at 09:53 PM.
    ― A.E. Samaan

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1742 Post(s)

Yes the media reported something you think is trivial, I don't agree. Where I live if if this is happening the citizens will put the place out of business and we want to know about it if it does happen. .
    Your state is seemingly purple turning blue. I highly doubt your state could put Starbucks out of business, if something like that happened there.

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    Your state is seemingly purple turning blue. I highly doubt your state could put Starbucks out of business, if something like that happened there.
    I don't believe I mentioned the State. I am talking surrounding communities in an area of the State that is the most Conservative in the State and it will remain that way well into the future even if the State goes blue.. I did not mention putting Starbucks out of business either. I will almost guarantee that if it happened around here it would be dealt with simply because that is the right thing to do.
    ― A.E. Samaan

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1742 Post(s)
    I don't believe I mentioned the State. I am talking surrounding communities in an area of the State that is the most Conservative in the State and it will remain that way well into the future even if the State goes blue.. I did not mention putting Starbucks out of business either. I will almost guarantee that if it happened around here it would be dealt with simply because that is the right thing to do.
    OK. I guess I would depend on where it is. I still don't see the point of shutting down a single Starbucks, in a conservative community, when the employee was fired, even if you could.
    Last edited by Nakyak; December 3rd, 2019 at 10:30 PM.

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakyak View Post
    OK. I guess I would depend on where it is. I still don't see the point of shutting down a single Starbucks, in a conservative community, when the employee was fired, even if you could.
    I don't know which post I made that made you think I was saying that. We would not have to shut the business down if the employee would be fired, or at least made to issue a public apology. I was saying that is why the citizens want to know when something like this happens. Sweeping it out of sight by saying nothing, as Ghost wishes, would not get this done. That is why I agree with the Chief on exposing the behavior to the local residents. Yes if it happened here the citizens would demand that the activity stop and if it did not, they would boycott that local business. In the larger cities there are enough progressives to maintain a business but it would hurt the bottom line.

The dispute is simply whether the LEO should have reported it, the Chief should have informed the community, and should the business/employee suffer the consequences. It is trivial to some and not so trivial to others.
    ― A.E. Samaan

Threads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1742 Post(s)
    I don't know which post I made that made you think I was saying that. We would not have to shut the business down if the employee would be fired, or at least made to issue a public apology. I was saying that is why the citizens want to know when something like this happens. Sweeping it out of sight by saying nothing, as Ghost wishes, would not get this done. That is why I agree with the Chief on exposing the behavior to the local residents. Yes if it happened here the citizens would demand that the activity stop and if it did not, they would boycott that local business. In the larger cities there are enough progressives to maintain a business but it would hurt the bottom line.

The dispute is simply whether the LEO should have reported it, the Chief should have informed the community, and should the business/employee suffer the consequences. It is trivial to some and not so trivial to others.
    I'm speaking about the opinions stated as a fact that you made (bolded above)

Where I live if if this is happening the citizens will put the place out of business and we want to know about it if it does happen. LE are our employees and I don't want them mistreated for no reason.
    You've mentioned "almost guarantee", which is closer to reality IMO, even though I would still take the points if I had to bet.

As far as the Chief, I think he could have handled his SJW "statement" better, even though I think it was written for him. That's the kind of statement a PR firm would put out IMO.

But now that we are good with getting info out so people can make decisions, maybe it's time to dig a little deeper into the chief, regarding some of the allegations made against him by his daughter etc.

Threads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    883 Post(s)
    I understand what your saying . But where LE is concerned they are NOT just customers. They are the public's employees.
    I dont think you'll find any resturants for example that feed every citizen for free or half price. Yet there are many many eateries that do feed LE for free or heavily discounted. So much so many cops will get angry if a restaurant employee forgets to cut him his perk.

Trying to compare the average citizen with Leo's on duty is comparing apples and bullets.

The average cop gets way more perks at restaurants than the few that get dissed.

Personally I didnt eat at restaurants when on duty. I think a cop that does probably doesn't care or hasn't thought of exactly what he may be eating.
    It doesn't matter who it is as far as the employer and employee. One shouldn't mistreat any customer, even if they are a cop. You keep making the point that it's okay for employees to decide that it's okay to mistreat police. I keep saying that it doesn't matter who it is, you don't inject your personal beliefs into the workplace and mistreat any customer.

Since you think it's okay to mistreat police, where do you think the line should be drawn? This is a slippery slope. Should the employee be able to put something in a drink? How about if it's something harmless? How about arsenic? No? But, what is the line then? And why is it okay to mistreat police, but not lawyers? EMTs? (which has been done). Car salesmen? People who run robo call centers? What is it that sets police apart from common courtesy? That a police officer should expect to be treated worse than anyone else?

This spreads. You mentioned not eating in a restaurant when on duty. Sarah Sanders went to eat with friends on her own time and was harassed. Why do you think that if it's okay to not be courteous to an officer on duty that you should get a pass when off duty?
    TANSTAAFL - "Moon is a Harsh Mistress"

Senior Member Rep Power: 5
    Rep Level: PDF Colonist

Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)
    This discussion is quite perplexing for me. I seem to agree with points made from different sides.

Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Threads
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GRCarry View Post
    It doesn't matter who it is as far as the employer and employee. One shouldn't mistreat any customer, even if they are a cop. You keep making the point that it's okay for employees to decide that it's okay to mistreat police. I keep saying that it doesn't matter who it is, you don't inject your personal beliefs into the workplace and mistreat any customer.

Since you think it's okay to mistreat police, where do you think the line should be drawn? This is a slippery slope. Should the employee be able to put something in a drink? How about if it's something harmless? How about arsenic? No? But, what is the line then? And why is it okay to mistreat police, but not lawyers? EMTs? (which has been done). Car salesmen? People who run robo call centers? What is it that sets police apart from common courtesy? That a police officer should expect to be treated worse than anyone else?

This spreads. You mentioned not eating in a restaurant when on duty. Sarah Sanders went to eat with friends on her own time and was harassed. Why do you think that if it's okay to not be courteous to an officer on duty that you should get a pass when off duty?
    I dont think you can find where I said it was ok. Or the thing for a server etc to do.
    What I keep trying to point out gently I'll try putting bluntly.

You dont want to empower an individual to enforce laws, carry a gun, taser, etc who has no more discipline than to get wrapped around the axle over 3rd grade level name cling. A person that does, after being warned from the get go that this stuff and worse will happen , and expected to ignore it , has no business being in LE.

That person does not have the self control to deal with stuff cops deal with every day. These are the guys tossing ten year old girls across classrooms. Handcuffing g 8 yr olds for poptart guns.
    And yes using excessive force during arrests. Because they get furious when their " commands" aren't followed.

Cops have been done this way for decades. The difference is the snowflakes got canned in years past.

Being LEO is a tough job at times. But now depts hire college boys, who get " offended " and react to school yard name calling.

The reason I didnt eat in resturants was you never know what was done to your food. Not because of silly name calling
    Odd how most folks who say they support the Constitution as written ,,,,,,,,,,,,really don't.