1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)

China Busted For Making Fake Drivers Licenses

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...60840.html/amp

US Customs Seizes Thousands of Fake IDs From China

U.S. custom officials recently seized nearly 3,000 fake driver’s licenses—including one shipment going to a convicted child rapist —all of which were sent from China.

The six intercepted shipments, heading to different individuals in the New York area, contained 2,909 counterfeit driver’s licenses and 3,123 blank card stocks used to make fake licenses, according to a Nov. 25 U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) press release.

This is why drivers licenses should not be used for identification for voting purposes
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Senior Member Rep Power: 11
    Rep Level: PDF Constitution Protector
    Threads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    507 Post(s)
    But the “real” ID is supposed to prevent that, it is amazing just how proficient the Chinese are at counterfeiting. As a coin collector I am always wary of coins from Chinese vendors and they are even counterfeiting the “slabs” the grading companies are using.
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.
    1/20/2017 The end of an error.

Curmudgeon Rep Power: 20
    Rep Level: PDF Gold Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2448 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...60840.html/amp

This is why drivers licenses should not be used for identification for voting purposes
    What would you recommend using instead? The cheesy paper voter-registration card FL uses?
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Senior Member Rep Power: 6
    Rep Level: PDF Freedom Seeker
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    What kind of ID could we use instead Patti? Almost any physical form I can think of can be faked. Also, China is the world's most corrupt government. Mexico is number two. Why do we do business with either of them?
    We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately.

Rep Level: PDF Green Dragon
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)
    Heck, I made a fake drivers license back in 1970 in order to purchase beer/liquor underage.

Worked real well.

What took China so long to catch up, is what I'm wondering.

Rep Level: PDF Militia
    Threads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    386 Post(s)
    This is outrageous!!! China should not be making fake US drivers licences. Fake US drivers licenses should be made in the US, by US criminals! Off-shoring fraud hurts out black market economy.

Seriously, you can tell even by the grainy picture, those fakes are not federally compliant REAL IDs, that will be required to board flights starting in Oct. 2020. I think going forward, only REAL IDs should be used for voting, since every state will have them. To get one, you have to present two proofs of residency and and your SSN. Then that is all encrypted on a chip in the card. It's not perfect, but it two people show up at polls with the same identifying information, that can be caught by a computer system.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Senior Member Rep Power: 7
    Threads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1675 Post(s)
    My wife and I was able to forge a Marriage License from TX. And this was back in 1992! I got the same paper they used, used the computer and graphics at the time, and used steam to make the raised seal.

It was so good, that when compared to the original, we could not tell the difference except for the dates.

BTW: We only did this from the original marriage certificate and was not used for any official purposes. We got married 3 months prior to the church wedding. My wife was afraid that when the family wanted photos of us with the license the date would be wrong. So I forged it LOL.

Both familiy's still not know we were married 3 months prior to the Church wedding.

Senior Member Rep Power: 11
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Threads
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    817 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siam View Post
    My wife and I was able to forge a Marriage License from TX. And this was back in 1992! I got the same paper they used, used the computer and graphics at the time, and used steam to make the raised seal.

It was so good, that when compared to the original, we could not tell the difference except for the dates.

BTW: We only did this from the original marriage certificate and was not used for any official purposes. We got married 3 months prior to the church wedding. My wife was afraid that when the family wanted photos of us with the license the date would be wrong. So I forged it LOL.

Both familiy's still not know we were married 3 months prior to the Church wedding.

Senior Member Rep Power: 15
    Rep Level: PDF Elite Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    162 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    What would you recommend using instead? The cheesy paper voter-registration card FL uses?
    That’s a good question. Some states issue drivers license to illegals, which also provides them a voter registration card. It’s called “voter motor” states. Only US citizens can vote in national elections, so proof of citizenship should be required.

To prevent people from voting multiple times in one election, I propose the dipping the finger in ink method, like in Pakistan.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Asst. Administrator Rep Power: 100
    Rep Level: PDF Bronze Member
    Threads
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1873 Post(s)
    "Proper" ID creators exist all over the world. Doesn't surprise me that some "ring" has been found based in China. Or, at least shipping from China during this leg of the enterprise.

Tough problem. How to create a means of identification that's counterfeit-proof. Can't imagine that there is one. Short of an immediate-results type of DNA scan, assuming such a scan could be 100%. Perhaps that's the goal, with all this DNA swabbing going on these days. To get around the counterfeiting, and to render faking one's identification all but impossible. (China. Hmph. Figures.)
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Senior Member Rep Power: 10
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Threads
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    673 Post(s)
    100% Tamper proofing a ID is probably not possible.

Even if it was possible; one must look at the possibility of bribes, payoffs etc; from the manufacturer of voting machines to the volunteers
    who staff polling place; and the entire chain of control between the two.
    "A covenant not to defend myself from force, by force, is always void"...Thomas Hobbes

Senior Member Rep Power: 7
    Threads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1675 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    That’s a good question. Some states issue drivers license to illegals, which also provides them a voter registration card. It’s called “voter motor” states. Only US citizens can vote in national elections, so proof of citizenship should be required.

To prevent people from voting multiple times in one election, I propose the dipping the finger in ink method, like in Pakistan.
    "....like Pakistan" LOL

The day I have to dip my finger into an ink bowl to vote is the day this country officially turned into a 3rd world country politically. Glad you think this is a good idea.

I still had time to edit..so I thought I would reiterate this part LOL

"....like Pakistan" LOL

Read that 10 times really fast and think if this is the direction where you want us to go.
    Last edited by Siam; Yesterday at 07:25 AM.