0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hard to beat a beautiful 1911.

WC145, I still have visions of that sexy "full melt" 1911 you've got, the one with the 1911 liquid coats of hand-rubbed finish. Mmmmm.

More, please, if you've still got 'er in the stable.
    Thanks. The Meltdown went on the same trip to Joe's house, but all it got was a new gold bead front sight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John W in SC View Post
    What work did you have done, and how did it turn out? In 2004 I ordered a Concept VIII (commander length, with a couple of minor modifications) that has never been as reliable as it should be. When I spoke with Les he claimed his guns were perfect, but did agree to take a look at it. He recut the feed ramp, and I forget what else. Shoots well, but still not reliable enough for EDC.
    . I've heard his commanders often have problems. I've thought about having someone else work on it, but for now its still a safe queen.

So, any comments? What did you think of Joe Chambers?

Thanks!

John W in SC
    Joe is a great guy to deal with and his work is top notch. He didn't do much with to the Boss, the gun already ran perfect, so it was mostly cosmetic, though the trigger had a bit of creep and wasn't as clean as I like. He did a 3.5lb trigger job that is outstanding - very little take up, zero crisp, and breaks like glass. He also replaced the fiber optic front sight with a gold bead, did ball cuts, beveled the lower edges of the slide, added a disco (Marvel) cut to the disconnector rail, mirror polished the slide flats, and reblued the slide. The result is an incredibly smooth slide action and a big change in appearance. The gun looked nice before but it didn't stand out in any way, after Joe finished with it the gun really pops, there's no mistaking it for any other. Hope this helps!

Before-

After-

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    Joe is a great guy to deal with and his work is top notch. He didn't do much with to the Boss, the gun already ran perfect, so it was mostly cosmetic, though the trigger had a bit of creep and wasn't as clean as I like. He did a 3.5lb trigger job that is outstanding - very little take up, zero crisp, and breaks like glass. He also replaced the fiber optic front sight with a gold bead, did ball cuts, beveled the lower edges of the slide, added a disco (Marvel) cut to the disconnector rail, mirror polished the slide flats, and reblued the slide. The result is an incredibly smooth slide action and a big change in appearance. The gun looked nice before but it didn't stand out in any way, after Joe finished with it the gun really pops, there's no mistaking it for any other. Hope this helps!

<snip>
    Very nice. Thanks!

John W in SC