Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    301 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawkgirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) A separate holster and compartment. The holster is adjustable but covers the trigger and keeps the gun from moving around. The separate compartment prevents anything else from getting hung up in the trigger or defacing the gun, ie. nail files, cosmetics, etc.

3) A little trick of mine, is if I am wearing a belt, is in addition to doing the cross should strap carry, is physically attach the loops on the purse with carabiners, to my belt on either side of the purse. The purse is twice as difficult to grab, it is comfortable for me because it can remove a little weight from my shoulders and put it on my waist, AND the purse does not flip-flop around so much when I am walking.
    I do have a cc purse, but rarely use it. I agree with everything you put and especially like your idea of using the caribiner to the belt loop for extra security.

Something I did notice was that the holster that came with the purse is a universal and not very secure so if I was going to use a purse a lot for cc, I would get a gun specific holster with velcro backing like cross breed or others make.
    "Itís the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory." Gen George S. Patton

Senior Member Rep Power: 9
    Rep Level: PDF American
    Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SOS24 View Post
    I do have a cc purse, but rarely use it. I agree with everything you put and especially like your idea of using the caribiner to the belt loop for extra security.

Something I did notice was that the holster that came with the purse is a universal and not very secure so if I was going to use a purse a lot for cc, I would get a gun specific holster with velcro backing like cross breed or others make.
    Good point about the generic holster that comes with the purses, SOS24, thank you! It is very important that the holster fit the gun, hold it securely in place and fully protect the trigger from an accidental snag or pull.

Member Rep Power: 3
    Rep Level: PDF Range Master
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, I got it from online Amazon, will have to look, that up, I like it, but the Galco is in my future, all leather versus leather with nylon, but I love the way it hides under my arm.

Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

BIGGER GUNS

I have a really nice cowboy style single action .357 Blackhawk. I have a cowboy holster that is good for cowboy events, but I actually now want to use the pistol for doing my laundry, since I live in bear country and I need to walk to an out building to do laundry. I wanted to share a couple of threads that are relevant to me finding a holster for the big cowboy gun, and avoid double posting.

http://www.personaldefenseforum.com/...lackhawkgirl-)

Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

BIGGER GUNS and THIGH HOLSTERS Continued...

A new thread about female fitment issues with a thigh, leg holster:

New thread for today. This is an open carry holster, but since this is a women specific fitment issue, I am putting a link here:

http://www.personaldefenseforum.com/...fitment-issues

Senior Member Rep Power: 4
    Rep Level: PDF Freedom Seeker
    Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawkgirl View Post
    Interesting update on my original belly band post.

I have not worn the belly band in a while up until recently.

The past 2 times I wore my belly band, I was suddenly stricken with nausea. I did not make the connection at first but I started to suspect the band. The second time was today; within 5-10 minutes of putting it on, I got nausea, I think because it squeezes delicate belly parts that are not used to being squeezed so hard.

Once, when I was trying to find something to wear under the little black dress, for fun, I tried on a corset. I almost immediately got so nauseated I nearly vomited in the changing room and I felt sick for a while afterward after taking the corset off. My stomach does not like that stuff much.

I may try to wear it farther down on my hips, at some point, and see what happens.
    I got one of those holster shirts. By rights, the whole thing acts like a full upper body belly band lol; they are tight. I have the exact same reaction wearing that shirt.

Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drift View Post
    I got one of those holster shirts. By rights, the whole thing acts like a full upper body belly band lol; they are tight. I have the exact same reaction wearing that shirt.
    Thank you for that useful feedback and validation! I have seen some other reviews here and there on the Internet where people report nausea with the belly bands also. I'll stay away from the holster shirts!

Senior Member Rep Power: 4
    Rep Level: PDF Colonist

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    My daughter carries her pistol in her purse.

Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

Your First Competition - For Ladies and the Men that want them by their side.

In my experience, many men are more competitive by nature than women. Women tend to balance it out by being about getting along with each other. Balance is a good thing! Excessive male competitiveness can be counter to a positive female competitive experience if women are pushed too hard.

Observing other couples at the competition, most of the guys were just glad if their lady just came with them. They were ecstatic if their lady participated. They did not care if their lady won. They were very supportive. There was one instance in a younger couple where there appeared to be some performance anxiety and disappointment with a young lady. I suspect she was being pushed too hard by her husband. I tried to be as supportive as possible to her in hopes she will be back. Competitive vs. Supportive = Find the Balance to make it fun. Make it safe. Support each other. Be glad you have that time to share together. Anything beyond that is a bonus!

And ladies, even if you don't have a guy, take a friend to a competition with you. Having that support system makes it so much easier and more enjoyable!

http://www.personaldefenseforum.com/...on-I-Did-Today

Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

Very nice fanny packs that Darkstar888 just told me about.

As much as some people don't like colored guns and pink camo, I do think some items in "happy" colors can be more covert than something that looks just plain tactical. The link to the fanny packs below, has many colors. Although my preference, would be a light, denim blue to go with my jeans, I think pink works for when I am out and covert.

I will eventually get one; when I do, I will post and review. Unless, YOU get one first! Then I would like to hear YOUR review!

http://www.craftholsters.com/fanny-p...-holster-falco

Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

A Little About the Girls On Guard Program

Girls on Guard is a great program for teenage girls and women. There are martial arts mixed with other methodologies. Call and speak to them directly to get more information, the website does not provide it. I took a 15 year old overweight girl with me, and it worked great for both her and I (although, I did skip some of the falling on the floor stuff because I was not sure how my aging joints would take it.)

If you click on the "Instructors" link at the top of the page, and scroll to "USA Instructors", you can find where this program is offered in your area.

http://www.defenduniversity.com/

Junior Member Rep Power: 0
    Rep Level: New PDF Member

Threads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm looking for a decent sized purse (think luggage) so I can carry a .45. I carry a purse on my right shoulder and I'm a left-hand draw. Any ideas? I can find plenty of right-handed purses that come close to the size I like but don't come close to carrying a full-size .45. I like black leather and I'm willing to pay to have one made. TIA!

Threads
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    525 Post(s)

Gun Tote'n Momas has a nice selection, and some are pretty large. I have not tried to fit a 1911 in a smaller one I have, but their larger ones look like they have the capacity.

https://www.gtmoriginal.com/