Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMcPhe44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly the position of my Family. We are the aberration however, we can turn on the TV and see 12 year olds dropping the word without a blush. How long before it becomes as common as "is is" (with apparent multiple and innocent definitions) in our vocabulary. Among black men it is currently accepted as easily "damn" was 50 years ago and white males are rapidly adopting it as well and females are not far behind.
    You are correct sir as most every time I go to town and see and hear the "citizens" of our country in action, it makes me sick that we as a society have devolved so far, so fast.
    “Truth to a Liberal is as Salt to a Slug” Unknown
    "If it wasn't for double standards, the liberal left would have no standards at all."

Moderator of the Universe jeanlouise's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1637 Post(s)
    I hate to see our society degenerating at such a rapid rate. Can you imagine the outrage if a staffer shouted the "F" word in President Obama's face?

They would be fired immediately and a public apology would be made by whoever was the employer of that staffer.

One time I was showing my 9 year old grandson how to set the table. Knife and spoon on the right, fork on the left. He said, "but JuJu (yes, that's really what they call me) why does it matter where they go?

I said, well, I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't, but we do a lot of things that are customary and polite. Really, why do we need silverware at all? We could just as easily eat with our hands. And why even have plates? We could put food on the table and eat off that. Heck, why do we need a table? We could eat food off the floor on our hands and knees like dogs do.

He just stared at me for a few seconds and I could see the little wheels turning in his head; then he said, OK, the forks go on the left.
    Last edited by jeanlouise; June 20th, 2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1706 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arejay View Post
    The Democratic Party has sunk pretty low. But what should we expect ? They see themselves in danger of losing their "plantations" once again.
    They should have their mouths washed with soap.
    Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Smutz and Senator Dummy Dan Nelson wanted to visit a Trump kiddie camp here in South FL yesterday and were turned away. Both were frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs in anger last night on the news. Maybe it was just soap residue.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1637 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Smutz and Senator Dummy Dan Nelson wanted to visit a Trump kiddie camp here in South FL yesterday and were turned away. Both were frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs in anger last night on the news. Maybe it was just soap residue.

Do you mean a kiddie ICE detainment center? If so, why were they turned away?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    491 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanlouise View Post
    I hate to see our society degenerating at such a rapid rate. Can you imagine the outrage if a staffer shouted the "F" word in President Obama's face?

They would be fired immediately and a public apology would be made by whoever was the employer of that staffer.

One time I was showing my 9 year old grandson how to set the table. Knife and spoon on the right, fork on the left. He said, "but JuJu (yes, that's really what they call me) why does it matter where they go?

I said, well, I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't, but we do a lot of things that are customary and polite. Really, why do we need silverware at all? We could get just as easily eat with our hands. And why ever have plates? We could put food on the table and eat off that. Heck, why do we need a table? We could eat food off the floor on our hands and knees like dogs do.

He just stared at me for a few seconds and I could see the little wheels turning in his head; then he said, OK, the forks go on the left.
    Funny you mentioned that, "JuJu" is what my Wife's stepmother is called by her Grandkids.
    “Civil Wars happen when the victimized are armed. Genocide happens when they are not.”
    ― A.E. Samaan

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1706 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanlouise View Post
    Do you mean a kiddie ICE detainment center? If so, why were they turned away?
    Reported that neither gave a two-week notice as required by detainment center. Guess they aren't special enough to get on-demand access.
    Official Forum Curmudgeon Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
    Tact: The skill of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1223 Post(s)
    Bless their little hearts.

While I don't agree with the concept of separating families, except when it's a clear case of a violent felony perpetrated by the parent(s) in question, I don't for a second believe these two were attempting to enter the facility with anything but lip-smacking snottiness to be delivered live, to fuel outrage with the most-graphic presentation they could muster.
    Cardinal principle: Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Philosophy: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
    On the RKBA: Most of what you think you know about our Constitution is wrong -- Michael Badnarik

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1637 Post(s)
    Reported that neither gave a two-week notice as required by detainment center. Guess they aren't special enough to get on-demand access.

I'm sure they will turn that into, "WHAT IS TRUMP HIDING IN THOSE CONCENTRATION CAMPS FOR KIDS????" "What horrors lie behind those secret camp fences and doors that a government official needs 2 weeks notice to make an inspection".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    333 Post(s)
    The stupidity continues.

Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame Star Is Shattered by Vandal

President Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame was destroyed early Wednesday morning by a man with a pickax, the police said.

Around 3:30 a.m., officers received a call about the vandalism, and soon after found the pink terrazzo star, which Mr. Trump received in January 2007 for his NBC show “The Apprentice,” broken into pieces, said Officer Ray Brown, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department.

The suspect had pulled a pickax out of a guitar case, smashed the star — in the 6800 block of Hollywood Boulevard, near Highland Avenue — and then walked away, leaving the tool at the scene, according to NBC.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/25/a...ed-pickax.html
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.
    1/20/2017 The end of an error.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    339 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    That'll teach that nasty guy Trump! TDS on display
    “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.”